ill WinterMommy

Man (er…woman ) Down…

Can you believe it?!  Both Honeybee and I are down with colds.  How ridiculous is this?!  While I’ve been hyper-vigilant on keeping the germs out, I suppose I failed in making sure I kept the germs out of me.  Two days ago, I woke up with a  slight pink tint to my eye.  Despite being warned a few weeks ago that conjunctivitis was making the rounds at Honeybee’s daycare, I wasn’t concerned.  I’d sprayed down, wiped down, and cleaned everything I could possibly treat.  I figured I’d just slept a little hard, a little long.  The tickle in my throat I attributed to the previous night’s choir rehearsal where we were holding notes just a little too long.  Nothing to worry about.

I went to work, got things done, noticed that I was a little less peppy than usual, but hey the weekend was approaching.  Nothing to keep me down.  Imagine my surprise yesterday morning when I attempted to open my right eye and found I could not.  Immediately I groaned inside.  I’m a former Certified Nurse’s Assistant; my mom is a nurse; my sister in laws are all nurses; I was originally in school to become a nurse.  Yep, I knew that this would not be good.  I rushed to the bathroom mirror and saw the yellow crust that immediately identified conjunctivitis.  DANG IT!!!!  Washing my hands, I then gathered the tiny white linen cloths used to remove makeup and removed the crust.    I opened my eye and saw it was a bright pink…yep, no doubt about it…conjunctivitis.  UGHHHHHHHH!!!!!  Now, let’s just add to that feeling with a massive headache and a throat that feels like Hades.  Daggone it!

I went to FatherWinter and informed him that I needed to make a trip to the ophthalmologist.  Turns out, I have viral conjunctivitis.  There’s nothing I can take.  I just have to let the virus run its course.  In the meantime, I feel like blah!

I did manage to keep a promise to Superbug and let him go out last night with the family last night.  I made sure to stay covered and mouth and nose areas covered so as not to spread my germs.  It was a very short trip and when I returned, the men went downstairs to watch a Christmas movie.  I went straight to bed and slept from 8:30 PM to 9 AM.  Honeybee wasn’t feeling well either with her runny nose and crankiness.  Before I laid down, I gave her her antibiotic for her ear infections and let her rest.  She slept for 13+ hours.

She woke this morning and I gave her her breakfast of rice cereal and applesauce with a bottle of formula. She played until 1:00 pm and then gave me the sign she needed to go back to sleep.  She is presently napping.

I still have the headache of Hades, but the throat feels better.  My conjunctivitis is still there per the nice pink eye and crust that arrives when I awake.  So, looks like it will be a work from home day tomorrow. Oh…joy…

The boys are currently at church and I hate that I am missing an awesome Word, but I am sure the congregants would be more than appreciative that I stayed home.

I do plan on reminding the daycare to spray down a little more.  UGH, I hate being sick.


You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *