Inspired by http://polkadottedbluejay.blogspot.com/p/3030.html
So yesterday, I turned 35! Eeek, the big 3..5.. Love it!! Today I wanted to figure out a way to make 35 more of a meaningful celebration than just one day. I thought about doing a list of things I wanted to accomplish this year. This list was inspired by the awesome Elise at Polka Dotted Blue Jay. I found her 30 while 30 post back in March and decided that, if I am still alive and breathing, I would like to do something similar. So, here’s my list.
To make things even more interesting for me (because I really am trying to get out of my comfort zones), I plan to donate $5 for every item not accomplished by July 21, 2016 to the Alzheimer’s Association in honor of my great-grandmother. If I do accomplish everything, I will donate $200 in her name.
Here’s my list and the links or completed dates for those things I do accomplish.
1. Visit the Newseum
Lose 10 pounds
3. Have a Mommy-Son weekend with SuperBug
Have a picnic
5. Pamper myself more (bi-monthly with either massage or nail session)
6. Lock on 5 new monthly service clients for my business
Attend a Mommy-Daughter Tea with Honeybee (5/14)
8. Have a professional family photo taken
See adoption finalized for Honeybee (10/1)
Bake a pecan pie from scratch.
Bake my mother in law’s peach cobbler from scratch
12. Gain 35 new blog followers
13. Go camping in a cabin w/s’mores and hiking
Go to the National Zoo
15. Spend an afternoon museum hopping all by myself
Have monthly date nights with my husband (8/7)
17. Volunteer at the Alzheimer’s Association local offices
Learn how to swim
Host or attend a fab Christmas party complete with games, a photo backdrop, and a visit from Santa (12/12)
Start seriously building my investment portfolio
21. Take a weekend trip solo.
22. Learn to tango
23. Attend a professional conference
24. Run a marathon
25. Spend at least 15 minutes a day in quiet devotion to God
Visit a new city and explore (8/17)
Create a really nice nursery/bedroom for Honeybee
28. Create a really nice bedroom for Superbug
29. Create a really nice bedroom space for FatherWinter and I
30. Finish Masters degree or start new Masters degree program
Attend a play or live performance (8/7)
32. Go to a book signing
33. Do a boudoir photo session for my husband
34. Visit a planetarium
Attend a black tie affair (4/24)