We are officially in the season of WINTER! Woohoo! I know. I know. Technically, winter visited us on the 22nd of December, BUT there have been temperatures closer to Summer than Winter. Nevertheless, I wanted to check in and show how we did on our Fall Checklist challenge.
So you know how it goes. We came across a great Fall Checklist by SimplyKierste and blogged about it here. So, here’s how we did.
1. Bake pies. Yep! I baked two pecan pies for the very first time. I also made sweet potato pies in Fall. And while cobbler isn’t exactly pie. I made a peach cobbler as well! Woohoo!
2. Visit the pumpkin patch. Yes! In our Fall recap, Superbug, Honeybee, and I visited the pumpkin patch for a nice Fall retreat. A couple of weeks later, the entire family went to a pumpkin patch to celebrate National Adoption Month.
3. Go through a corn maze. Done! Granted, it was a tiny one for the babies but it still counts!
4. Bake fall cookies. Yes! We made some great white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies and some oatmeal raisin cookies as well. Nothing says fall like the fresh smells of fresh cookies.
5. Trick-or-treat. Well, we didn’t actually trick-or-treat since we don’t really do Halloween. But we did go to our church for their Trunk and Treat and that’s pretty close.
6. Go on a hayride. We did this twice! And had a great time every time we did so.
7. Decorate. We knocked this one out for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving accents were everywhere.
8. Tailgate. My college homecoming was the perfect tailgating location!
9. Count our blessings. 🙂 Each and every day.
What we didn’t do 🙁
1. Jump in a pile of leaves. We don’t have that many trees yet.
2. Go on a nature walk. We’ll tackle this one for sure in the future.
3. Pick apples. How disappointing it was that we couldn’t get out to the orchard and pick apples. That’s a must next year.
4. Sit by the fire. We did it in the summer, but that doesn’t count for the fall. We’ll try it again next year.
5. Carve pumpkins. Never really been a fan of things pumpkin related *gasp I know*
6. Roast pumpkin seeds. See above.
7. S’mores and bonfire. I love s’mores. But we did it in the summer and not the Fall. We have to do better next year.
8. Drink apple cider. Yuck lol. Not a fan! But maybe Superbug will try it next year.
So, 9 items out of 17 completed. I say we knocked out quite a few. Woohoo!!! Now it’s time to focus on our Winter checklist. That one is coming soon!
Have a great evening.