When I was a child, I grew up excited that the two days special and unexpected things could and would occur were Christmas and birthdays. Those were the times where, despite budgets being extremely tight, we could hope for something magical to occur. It often did like the year my Mom moved heaven and heck for an alto saxophone to replace the used and beaten one I’d been carrying in the marching band. I’ve carried some of that on to my children. They know that birthdays and Christmas bring amazing family experiences.
So when our Honeybee came tiptoeing up to me last week and asking if she could have a few simple items, my heart melted for a couple of reasons. (1) This is the first time she has asked for anything specifically for any celebration and (2) Her list really is quite tame. She’s such a generous spirit. Of course, I couldn’t wait to share with you all.
1. A Pretty Birthday Cake. When queried further, the “pretty” means any pastel colored cake. Our Honeybee is a Minnie Mouse Bowtique and Paw Patrol fan. The local stores don’t have Paw Patrol, so I’m grabbing her this lovely for her day.
|I can’t wait to surprise our Honeybee with this cake!|
2. Butterflies for her room. I promised to redecorate Honeybee’s room when she was older. Looks like she is ready for it now. I’ve already ordered these butterflies and am super excited to put them up in her room. I’m also doing some decorative touches and can’t wait to reveal it all to you.
3. Balloons. Honeybee is fascinated with balloons. She will play with them for days. The helium inflated are her favorite and she considers them friends as they drift through the air on whatever quiet breeze blows them from room to room. She has specifically requested balloons for her birthday. Since a dozen are only $0.69 at the local party supply store and a large helium one is $1 in the local dollar store, I’m all about fulfilling that wish for her.
|Dollar Tree Helium balloons are THE BEST!|
4. A school desk. Honeybee has been doing fun school and learning activities for quite some times. She has hinted more than a few times that she wants a desk space like her big brother. S. and I have been very fortunate to find a VTech Touch and Learn Activity Center. This is no ad, but honest to goodness love of the VTech as a tool to help our children learn. I’ve used it with each of the kids growing up and it has been a great help. Finding out that there is an Activity Center to help Honeybee? That’s icing on the cake for her birthday!
5. Bubbles. No doubt about it. Our Honeybee loves all things bubbles. Whether it’s bubble bath or bubble solution, she is all about it. Since we’ve just purchased a new bottle of Bubble Bath, I’m going to get her the bubble solution. But I also want to do something really cool for her. I want to get her a bath bomb. I love how they look and smell. Incidentally, I’ve never used one for myself and was worried about the use for preschoolers, but after some research, I found some specifically for kids. I am so excited for her to try them. I will let you know how it goes.
Here’s hoping our Honeybee has an amazing birthday! Of course, I’ll be glad to recap it for you.