I’m sorry for the delay, everyone! It was a great weekend, but I got a bit busy in trying to recap it. Friday night into early Saturday morning, our church hosted a Women’s Lock-in where we fellowshipped, talked, and worshiped until 5AM. It was an absolutely amazing event. I have to admit I was reminded that I am not as young as I used to be lol because I was EXHAUSTED come time for Honeybee’s game. I decided instead of sharing tons of words and recaps, I’d list my Weekend Top 5.
1. Women’s Lock-in included a makeup tutorial using me as a face model. I usually don’t wear a lot of make up and this was just PERFECT. What a fun lesson in self-care.
2. Honeybee’s Soccer Game. Bee is getting really good about handling her ball. It was a great time watching her compete and execute the proper defensive tactics. Way to go, Honeybee.
3. You know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. While we were at Honeybee’s game, a group of Breast Cancer Awareness walkers walked the track in support of survivors. It was a beautiful display.
4. I’m a country girl from Carolina (in my Chris Brown ‘Kiss, Kiss’ voice). I love Sunday meals. The whole Soul Food and sitting around a table on Sunday afternoon after church. That was legit my life. I loved it and couldn’t wait to grow up so I could do that with my own family one day. Fast forward many years later and my Honeybee and I were in the kitchen doing a yummy meal for the family. Sunday dinner was crock pot BBQ chicken, corn pudding, and banana pudding for dessert. Honeybee helped with the banana pudding and did a very good job for her first go round. I love teaching my kids useful skills.
Good job, Honeybee
5. If you’ve followed me for a while, you know I’m a Walking Dead fan. With all the stuff going on, I hadn’t had a chance to sit down and watch the season premiere last week. This Sunday, S. and I were able to sit on the couch and watch it together while the kids were in bed. Nothing like a little quality time with your honey to make the night awesome. BTW…Gregory was so awful. What a mean little man.
So there you have it. That’s my weekend top 5. How about you? What great and wonderful things did you get into this past weekend? What are you planning for the upcoming weekend?