Yay! We made it to another Friday! Thank goodness!! After last week’s high temperatures (like 80 and 90 degrees high), we finally had a week where the temps and weather was consistently Fall…even the rain. With that in mind, I FINALLY felt the motivation to share my Friday Fall favorites. I’m linking up with A Little Bit of Everything, Grace and Love, and Momfessionals to share what I’m digging this week. Here’s hoping you love it.
1. Fall Sweaters and Dresses. I’ve mentioned several times how I’m a fan of the clothes that come from Rotita.com. (This is NOT a review post or a kickback). I was skeptical when I ordered from them the first time, but the item was quality, looked like the picture, and made me look amazing. I was sold. So, it should come as no surprise when I tell you how I jumped on the above Fall outfits! Yes, there are quite a few, BUT they weren’t expensive at all AND I can wear them for so many occasions! LOVE THEM!!
|I’m in love with that red dress!|
2. October 31st. Honeybee was so excited to dress up this year. She’d been thinking about what she wanted to be for weeks. Her sister didn’t care as long as she got to tag along. I wasn’t really going to do anything since we don’t really celebrate Halloween. Our church usually offers an alternative at the skating rink which is so much fun, but the rink was closed this year due to the employees wanting to trick or treat (family business). So, what to do?! I called a couple of neighbor friends and let them know that I would bring the kids to them. It was a great time and the kids really enjoyed doing something new.
3. New Fall Recipes. I make no secret of how much I love my crockpot. It’s a staple in my house. I have several of them much to my husband’s chagrin. Still, they make amazing meals and save my sanity when it comes to dinner time. I was recently sent three yummy-looking crockpot recipes and had the opportunity to prep one this week. I tried Taco Soup from Divas Can Cook . Taco Soup was made on Monday evening and was SO yummy. With the weather change, it was an on time meal!
4. Spiritual Reading. I have been reading The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie OMartian. I’ve mentioned it before on this blog. This book and I have such a love hate relationship. There are true Gospel teachings in it, but there are some no-kidding, kick you raw, swallow your pride pills that I just don’t like. UGH. Still, the book has opened my eyes to quite a few things and is a powerful read. I also purchased the workbook to go with it and have been slowly….(slllllloooooowwwwly) going through it. As some in my family say, “It’s tight, but it’s right”. Ugh…pray for me.
Exact pace of me working the workbook. Okay, it’s getting better.
I’ve also still not read Running on Empty by Heather Lindsey but am so looking forward to doing so. It’s important to me that I do better in all aspects of my life including spiritually.
5. November. Nothing is more exciting the arrival of a new month. November’s arrival means we are approaching the final leg of the 2019 race. I love this month. There’s the celebration of all brave men and women who serve in our armed forces during Veterans Day. There’s the entire month of gratitude services at my church. There’s the rival football game at my alma mater. There’s Thanksgiving. I’m already planning Thanksgiving decor and I can’t wait for all the family love and enjoyment!
|We are definitely doing our Thankful Tree this year.|