Hello everyone. My apologies for the delay in communication! It’s been a whole new world as we adjust to #quarantinelife amid COVID-19 concerns. Everyone is currently home and we’re adjusting to tons of time together.
What We’ve Been Up To
Teleworking. Both S. and I have been blessed to have positions that allow us to telework. It’s been nice to have the ability to remain connected to coworkers and colleagues, but staying at home and not having a break in the home monotony is definitely an experience.
Recently, the governor ordered a stay-at-home decree until June 10th. Essential businesses remain open as well as take out for restaurants and the like. It took a while, but my company finally decided who ranked essential and who didn’t. Now we’re all working together to get things done.
|Taking a break from telework to pose..FULL HOUSE|
Eduation. The kids’ last day of school was March 13th. During the break, there was a mandatory closure for two weeks of all K-12 schools. The governor extended that closure to the end of the academic year. We’ve been trying to figure it out since then. Not only were the schools closed, but the daycares are closed as well. So, all of the children are home. Distance learning has started, but it’s optional as the students are not getting graded for the work that is provided. We’re still letting them do it so as not to fall behind, but we’re adding our own things as well.
We’ve been learning sign language, exercising, doing Home Economics, painting, coloring, drawing. It’s been an adventure in homeschooling here. The girls have particularly been enjoying themselves as everyday is a day to try something new.
Communicating during COVID-19
We established a group video message group using one of the mobile platforms and we’ve been meeting weekly just to check in, exchange ideas, and shoot the breeze. It’s been nice. We see pics of the kids, talk about what we’re hearing in our respective locations as far as coronavirus is concerned, and any needs anyone may have. I’m so thankful technology exists that allows us time to do just that.
- Last month I wrote that I wanted to start my classes for my Masters degree. I’m pleased to say I have and that I am approaching registration for my second semester.
- With coronavirus restrictions, self care in terms of lunches and dinners out are no longer an option. Still, I plan on hot baths and rest as long as we are quarantining.
- Remember how I wanted to lock on two clients for my business? I did it! I was super excited, but out of acknowledgment of all that is going on this month, I allowed both clients a suspension of this month’s payment under condition they pay it forward. We’re all in this together.
- I’m afraid I didn’t complete my Bible Plans as I desired, but I plan to try and complete one this semester.
Monthly Blog Recap
- Welcome, March!
- Tuesday Truth: Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me About “After Delivery” and New Mom Life.
- Weekend Recap: Meeting Elsa and Performing in Plays
- Spring Break Staycation
- Friday Faith: The Importance of Prayer
Looking Forward To:
A healthy, happy world.