Hi everyone. Thirty-eight weeks came a lot faster than I thought it was, but here we are! The weather did another shift this week so we had the fun of beautiful 75+ degree days and then cloudier days towards the ends. Just an excuse for great crock pot comfort food, so I’m happy.
Total weight gain: This week’s appointment had me at 176 pounds. The doctor was pleased because I gained back the pound that I didn’t even know I lost.
|It won’t be too long now.|
Sleep: I’m still getting good sleep, but have awakened a couple of times this past week with contractions. Baby is certainly getting ready to make a debut.
Best moment(s) of this week: Just making it through another week was best enough for me.
Not so great moment(s) of this week: I have to be honest. I’m getting uncomfortable. Some days I just want to sit and not be bothered. I’m ready to go ahead and start leave, but there is so much that needs to be done first that I find myself worrying.
Gender: We’re still team green.
Any new symptoms: Nope
Any prep for baby: Quite a bit.
- The baby bag is mostly packed except for snacks and a few last minute items. There isn’t a lot inside since I don’t anticipate a lengthy stay especially with COVID. I’ll share the contents soon.
- I got my hair braided so that I won’t have to worry about it for the next two months. That will be one less thing I have to worry about with the new baby.
- A new car seat and baby swing is being selected courtesy my mother. I love that she is so excited about the baby.
- Birth plan. I’m about to draft it. It’s going to look slightly different than previous only because I’m going to include some of the lessons I’ve learned from Hypnobirthing research and Dr. Thompson’s Method of Pain-Free Breastfeeding. I hope both techniques will keep me focused for a successful birth.
- Breast pumps ordered. One (Haakanz) has arrived and the Medela should arrive soon, I hope. I previously used the Spectra and it wasn’t a help at all.
Cravings and Aversions: I want Thai food so bad! I don’t think you all understand. I have continued to miss out because my schedule has been so crazy. All I want is the largest helping of Shrimp Pad Thai that I can get my hands on. I also want an order of California rolls. Someone send me food.
|I’d even settle for shrimp and chicken pasta.|
|Just a few more of these please!|
What I’m looking forward to: I’m looking forward to COVID ending. I want to take the kids to NC to see the family there. I want to take them to NJ to see family there. I miss family.
What I am not looking forward to: This labor experience has me feeling a bit more anxiety. I plan on praying and focusing and let God give me peace.
Anything else: So, my medical team is discussing possible membrane sweeps and induction. I’m not a fan of either, so this will be an interesting discussion.
Have a wonderful week!