This post contains links to several websites. I receive no compensation for these links and am merely sharing them. Should that change, I will make sure to update this link to let you know.
The fun of Valentine’s Day
Hey guys! Today’s post has been approved by my 15-year-old son and my 16-, 13-, and 15-year-old nieces. There is no way I was going to try and tell you what your older littles may want. So, why not consult the teens themselves? I’m linking with A Little Bit of Everything and Momfessionals to share my experts’ favorite Teen Valentine’s Day gifts.
I have always tried to make Valentine’s Day special for my family. From Valentine’s breakfasts to place settings and dinners, it’s always been a joy to see their face light up just knowing that someone is thinking about them. As the kids get older, some of the Valentine’s Day fun and magic gets lost. So, I’m all for keeping it going for as long and as much as I can.
So, What Do They Want…
- Gift Cards. I wasn’t even surprised. My nieces and son all mentioned gift cards as preferred gift for teenagers. Most teens know their parents haven’t the slightest clue of what their kids actually want unless they ask. There’s a certain psuedo independence in having that card and being able to swipe it for their own needs. Visa and Amazon gift cards were favorites. I also recommend gifts cards to your kids favorite local eateries.
- Greeting Cards showing appreciation. The kids were all in agreement. Your teens actually like knowing that they are appreciated. Just like you like appreciation on Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, they’d like to hear a bit of appreciation for some of the things they do as well. A nice card that expressed that on a day of love is a great gift. Doing some Google searching, I found that right now, Greeting Card Universe is having a 15% off sale on orders of 5 cards or more with the code JANUARY15.
- Dinner Date. I love so much that this was included. Take your teens out. Let them dress (or not if that isn’t their thing) and just spend time with them. In a few years they will all be off doing their own thing (i.e. college, military, trade school, working, etc.). You definitely want to spend time with them now. As one of my “experts” said, “pretty soon, we’ll be Valentine’s Day with other people. You might want to get it in with us while you can”.
Gifts for your Teenage Girl
- Lotion and Perfume Sets. Everyone loves beautiful fragrances whether soap, clean naturescapes, or fragrances. My nieces are no exception. Some of their favorite fragrances include:
- Chocolates. I have so much yes to this suggestion! I’m a Lindor truffles girl myself. They have a custom mix sale going on right now where you can get 100 truffles (custom mix) for $30 or 2-75 piece bags for $40. Again, no kickback. Just sharing the goodness.
- A bear. My nieces all said a Valentine’s Day bear would make their day. I love that it is still a desired thing on their list just as it was on mine when I was a teen. For bear ideas, consider Build-A-Bear . The company is having a National Hug Week sale with some pretty good discounts considering Build-A-Bear isn’t that inexpensive at all.
Gifts for your Teenage Son
- Fragrances. Seriously, I’ve already mentioned it. Everyone loves to smell amazing. My son is a fan of these fragrances:
- Money. When in doubt, money always works.
- Ethika Attire. You all, I had no idea. Seriously, I didn’t. But every single one of my “experts” mentioned this site and brand. Seriously, eyes lit up when these were added to the list. Reasonably priced and trendy. It’s worth checking out. The in love items were hoodies and the graphic underwear.
- Haircut. Just like we like looking good on Valentine’s Day, so too do our young sirs. A new cut just makes you feel good and gives that extra boost of confidence that we love. Highly recommended.
So, there you have it. The Teenagers’ Valentine’s Day Gift Guide. I hope you find it useful and that your older littles enjoy their gifts. If you have any teen gift ideas, feel free to drop them in the comments. I would love to see what you have planned for your littles.
Have an awesome Friday and be on the look out. I have some additional gift guides coming your way soon.